Wollaton Park Golf Club – Covid-19
Return to golf 29th March 2021 – Click here to view Return to Golf Protocols.
Wollaton Park Golf Club Ltd is committed to preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace as far is as reasonably practicable. We recognise that we cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace, however we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees and of others who may be affected by our activities. We will check and re-check the government’s guidelines on a regular basis and implement all control measures that are reasonably practicable to allow the business to take steps to achieve this commitment. Wollaton Park Golf Club Ltd is committed to promoting a positive culture in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Wollaton Park Golf Club Ltd recognises the legal responsibility it has to protect its workers and others from the spread of COVID-19. We aim to minimise the risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level by carrying out a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and implementing preventative measures. Particular consideration will be given to those who are at higher risk to COVID-19.
In line with the guidance from the government on the prevention of the spread of the virus, we will take all reasonable steps to implement the following preventative measures:
- Employees working from home (where possible).
- Maintaining 2-metre social distancing (where possible).
- Where social distancing cannot be achieved the following controls will be implemented (where possible):
- Installing barriers or screens in shared spaces.
- Colleagues working back to back/side by side instead of face to face.
- Shortening the duration of work activities.
- Managing the workforce by creating workplace shift patterns or fixed teams.
- Stringent cleaning and disinfectant processes throughout the day.
- Providing more hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser including at entrances and exits.
- Signage and posters encouraging / providing reminders about social distancing, hand washing etc.
- Providing Protective Personal Equipment (PPE) where all other social distancing measures are not possible.
The company will ensure that it has access to health and safety advice by a competent person. Part of this process will be to consult with our employees including any health and safety representatives and communicate the risk assessment outcomes to everyone including visitors about ongoing safety measures.
All employees will be given relevant COVID-19 information, instruction, and training, Included in this will be instruction on how employees must adhere to the control measures implemented to minimise the likelihood of the spread of the virus and how failure to do so may lead to disciplinary action.
Employees will also be instructed that if they show any symptoms of COVID-19 that they must not come into work and will be asked to work from home / self-isolate and not return to work until they have been asymptomatic for 48 hours or have a negative COVID-19 test result.
The company recognises that the COVID-19 situation is continuously changing, and we will continue to monitor and follow the governments guidelines and update our risk assessment to suit. The company will monitor the effective implementation of this policy and risk assessment to ensure that adequate resources are provided.
Minimising the likelihood of the spread of COVID-19 is an integral part of our organisation and we continue recognise that we must comply with all health and safety statutory obligations to protect the health, safety and welfare of our employees and any others who may be effected by our activities. Whilst the Managing Director takes overall responsibility, all directors, managers, and employees share the responsibility for implementing this policy.